Monday, November 2, 2015

A Prayer from St. Ignatius Loyola

Or as my Alex affectionately call him, St. Iggy.


It has been on my mind and in my prayers a lot of late so I thought it would be worth sharing. Though I generally prefer my prayers in entirely modern English, I think the 'thees' and 'thous' work here.

Wherever thy glory be best served, whenever, however, there, then, and in that state let me thy servant be; only hide not from me thy divine love. Help me to trust thee to the uttermost. Teach me to serve thee as thou deservest; to give, and not to count the cost; to fight and not to heed the wounds; to toil and not to look for rest; to labor, and not ask for any reward, save that of knowing that I am doing thy will.

1 comment:

  1. Hello out there. I finally put your blog on my favorites, but I see I need not have hurried! I gather that copious writing is not the thing you have inherited from your parents. Hope all is well. Cheers, Meg Parsons

    ReplyDelete